YB Senator Prof Datuk Dr. Ismail Md Salleh
YB Senator Prof Datuk Dr. Ismail Md Salleh l is the CEO of Twintech Holdings Sdn Bhd. and Vice Chancellor of Twintech International University College & Chairman of PPP Resource & Advisory Centre, Kuala Lumpur. He graduated with Bachelor of Science (Economics and Political Science) from State University of New York at Albany New York in 1973. He received his Master of Science (Economics) from the University of Illinois, USA in 1974 and obtained his Doctorate (PhD) in 1977 from the same university. He started his career as a Lecturer in Department of Economic Analysis and Public Policy, Faculty of Economics of University Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) in June 1977 before heading the department in 1981 for 3 years. For his knowledge in economics field, he was then appointed as the Head of Bureau of National Economic and Socio Economic Policy Studies at ISIS, in 1989 and as the Deputy Executive Director of Centre of Economic Research and Services in the Malaysian Business Council in 1990. Prior to his appointment as the Chief Executive Officer of L&G Twintech Sdn Bhd, an educational portfolio company of Land & General Berhad in 1994, He was attached to ISIS (M) Kuala Lumpur form 1990 until 1994 holding two prominent posts; as the Assistant Director General and later, as the Deputy Director General. In the year 2001, as recognition for his works and contribution to Malaysia and International community, he was awarded the Doctor of Literature (D.Litt.) from the Irish International University by the European Union. Since the year 2000, Professor Datuk Dr Ismail is an Adjunct Professor of Economics, Universiti Utara Malaysia.
A locally and internationally acclaimed academician and a respectable economist, Professor Datuk Dr. Ismail seats in various committees and working groups in local and international levels namely:
• Chief Rapport ere, Of National Economic Consultative Council (MAPEN);
• President, National Association Of Bumiputra Private Higher Education;
• Member of National Economic Action Council (MTEN);
• Board of Directors, Employees Provident Fund (EPF);
• Member of National Higher Education Council;
• Board of Trustees, Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (YTN);
• Member of Malaysian Business Council (MBC);
• Visiting Fellow at ISIS Malaysia;
• President, Malaysian Association for the Blind;
• Chairman, Tun Hussein Onn National Eye Hospital;
• Chairman, East Asia, International Council for the Education of the People With visual Impairment (ICEVI);
In the field of research and consultancy, he has produced a long list of case studies, books, research journal, monographs and articles especially in the field of Fiscal policy, macroeconomics, economic development and privatization in Malaysia reference for fellow Malaysian students, academicians, economists, policy makers as well as politicians. He has also been consultant to Malaysian Government, Asian Development Bank, UNIDO, Nomura and the World Bank.
Prof Ismail sits on many governmental advisory bodies, including the recently-set up NITF (National Implementation Task Force) chaired by the Prime Minister, for the 9th Malaysia Plan. The NITF is entrusted to ensure the expeditious implementation of all the programs under the latest 5-year development plan of Malaysia.
For his contributions to the State and National Governments, Professor Datuk Dr Ismail has been honored with a number of awards namely:
• JOHAN SETIA MAHKOTA (JSM) by THE YANG DIPERTUAN AGONG 1993;
• PINGAT KEPUJIAN TERTINGGI (PKT) by THE STATE OF PENANG 1993;
• PINGAT PANGLIMA JASA NEGARA (PJN) 2001 by THE YANG DIPERTUAN AGONG which carries the title Datuk;
Rujukan dan Pautan:
International University College of Technology Twintech (IUCTT)